We all could use some time to de-stress, lower anxiety and calm the mind from the effect of the holidays. Over the years of teaching, I have seen that taking time for ourselves is one of the first things we let go this time of year. Even when life gets busy, it’s the little things you add to your daily routine that can make a big difference.
Here are two poses that can help you destress, lower anxiety and calm the mind:
Benefits of Child Pose:
- Gently stretches the hips, thighs, and ankles
- Calms the brain and helps relieve stress and fatigue
- Relieves back and neck pain, when done with head and torso, supported
Seated Forward Bend
Seated Forward Bend
- Induces relaxation, relieves stress and lifts mood
- Stretches the spine, shoulders, lower back, and hamstrings
- Stimulates organs including intestines, kidneys, liver, ovaries, and uterus
- Helps relieve symptoms of menstrual discomfort
- Seated forward bend-If have tight hamstrings, use a folded blanket or rolled up yoga mat under sits bones
- If you have a flat back, it targets stretching the hamstrings. If you round the back, it stretches more of the back. Try both to see what feels best that day
- Try feet flexed and pointed to see which feels best
Try to spend at least 3-5 minutes in each posture or at least 8-10 breathes to gain the maximum benefit. Yoga alone is not a cure-all for anxiety, but enjoying these movements are an important part of self-care and nurturing for your body and mind.
The last video was taken from Member’s Monthly Webinar. It was 1 of the 6 poses I demonstrated that can help lower anxiety.
Sirrine Yoga Online:
I teach you how yoga can help alleviate your aches and pains through simple breathing techniques with these online yoga videos so that you can bring your best self to each day.
Simple- Designed for all levels and practiced in a non-intimidating way
Convenient- Videos are 15-45 minutes, allowing even busy people to complete them.
Try it out FREE for 14 days. It's on us.
Are you looking for personalized attention and accountability?
Are you ready to
Release | Align | Reset
Stop living a pattern. Live your life instead.
Break free from the same negative patterns of shame, fear, unworthiness. Learn tools to find your inner voice and feel fully aligned so that you can rewrite your own prescription for life! Leave a legacy of which you can be proud.
After seeing the same negative life patterns within myself and my clients for over two decades, I felt very inspired to design a formula that could remove the noise in our lives. This formula, my antidote, is called “The Porter Method“. This new methodology utilizes emotional release techniques, integrating physical movement with inner peace work. The variables of my formula require you to learn how to release your subconscious blocks, align with your authentic self, and give you the tools to reset and create a life by design.