We all could use some time to de-stress, lower anxiety and calm the mind from the effect of the holidays. Over the years of teaching, I have seen that taking time for ourselves is one of the first things we let go this time of year. Even when life gets busy, it’s the little things you add to your daily routine that can make a big difference.
Here are two poses that can help you destress, lower anxiety and calm the mind:
Benefits of Child Pose:
- Gently stretches the hips, thighs, and ankles
- Calms the brain and helps relieve stress and fatigue
- Relieves back and neck pain, when done with head and torso, supported
Seated Forward Bend
Seated Forward Bend
- Induces relaxation, relieves stress and lifts mood
- Stretches the spine, shoulders, lower back, and hamstrings
- Stimulates organs including intestines, kidneys, liver, ovaries, and uterus
- Helps relieve symptoms of menstrual discomfort
- Seated forward bend-If have tight hamstrings, use a folded blanket or rolled up yoga mat under sits bones
- If you have a flat back, it targets stretching the hamstrings. If you round the back, it stretches more of the back. Try both to see what feels best that day
- Try feet flexed and pointed to see which feels best
Try to spend at least 3-5 minutes in each posture or at least 8-10 breathes to gain the maximum benefit. Yoga alone is not a cure-all for anxiety, but enjoying these movements are an important part of self-care and nurturing for your body and mind.
The last video was taken from Member’s Monthly Webinar. It was 1 of the 6 poses I demonstrated that can help lower anxiety.
Sirrine Yoga Online:
We want to teach and educate you about how yoga can help alleviate your aches and pains through simple, non-intimidating online yoga videos so that you can do what you want to do!
Simple- Designed for all levels and practiced in a non-intimidating way
Convenient- Videos are 15-45 minutes, allowing even busy people to complete at home or on the go
For Every BODY- Each video takes you through variations and stages, which allows you to track your progression to align with your ultimate goal of your yoga practice.
Try it out FREE for 14 days. It's on us.
Looking for more personalized attention?
Schedule a call to learn more about my 8-week program.
Live Life Unplugged
Did you know right next to the dark shadowy part of yourself that you don’t want to look at, sits your greatest gift? But it takes the willingness to turn toward and work through your S.H.I.T. (Stress Habits Irrit
Remove the noise | Win back your day | Become a High Performer
Are you ready to:
• To reconnect with yourself at the core?
• To finally dispose of the toxic stories you’ve always told yourself?
• Remove the negative labels you been given that were ultimately holding you back from achieving success?
If so, let's talk!