We all could use some time to de-stress, lower anxiety and calm the mind from the effect of the holidays. Over the years of teaching, I have seen that taking time for ourselves is one of the first things we let go this time of year. Even when life gets busy, it’s the little things you add to your daily routine that can make a big difference.
Here are two poses that can help you destress, lower anxiety and calm the mind:
Benefits of Child Pose:
- Gently stretches the hips, thighs, and ankles
- Calms the brain and helps relieve stress and fatigue
- Relieves back and neck pain, when done with head and torso, supported
Seated Forward Bend
Seated Forward Bend
- Induces relaxation, relieves stress and lifts mood
- Stretches the spine, shoulders, lower back, and hamstrings
- Stimulates organs including intestines, kidneys, liver, ovaries, and uterus
- Helps relieve symptoms of menstrual discomfort
- Seated forward bend-If have tight hamstrings, use a folded blanket or rolled up yoga mat under sits bones
- If you have a flat back, it targets stretching the hamstrings. If you round the back, it stretches more of the back. Try both to see what feels best that day
- Try feet flexed and pointed to see which feels best
Try to spend at least 3-5 minutes in each posture or at least 8-10 breathes to gain the maximum benefit. Yoga alone is not a cure-all for anxiety, but enjoying these movements are an important part of self-care and nurturing for your body and mind.
The last video was taken from Member’s Monthly Webinar. It was 1 of the 6 poses I demonstrated that can help lower anxiety.
Sirrine Yoga Online:
We want to teach and educate you about how yoga can help alleviate your aches and pains through simple, non-intimidating online yoga videos so that you can do what you want to do!
Simple- Designed for all levels and practiced in a non-intimidating way
Convenient- Videos are 15-45 minutes, allowing even busy people to complete at home or on the go
For Every BODY- Each video takes you through variations and stages, which allows you to track your progression to align with your ultimate goal of your yoga practice.
Try it out FREE for 14 days. It's on us.
$29.97/month after trial
Looking for more personalized attention?
Schedule a call to learn more about my 8-week program.
8 Weeks To Love Yourself Again
• Reconnect With Yourself • Take Ownership Of Your Life • Turn Your Excuses Into Results •
With 20 years of proven techniques from working with clients, I have taken the time to create an 8-week program to help you create and sustain a self-care program to achieve new heights.
I've heard all the excuses and BS, now let us take back control of your life.