We all could use some time to de-stress, lower anxiety and calm the mind from the effect of the holidays. Over the years of teaching, I have seen that taking time for ourselves is one of the first things we let go this time of year. Even when life gets busy, it’s the little things you add to your daily routine that can make a big difference.
Here are two poses that can help you destress, lower anxiety and calm the mind:
Benefits of Child Pose:
- Gently stretches the hips, thighs, and ankles
- Calms the brain and helps relieve stress and fatigue
- Relieves back and neck pain, when done with head and torso, supported
Seated Forward Bend
Seated Forward Bend
- Induces relaxation, relieves stress and lifts mood
- Stretches the spine, shoulders, lower back, and hamstrings
- Stimulates organs including intestines, kidneys, liver, ovaries, and uterus
- Helps relieve symptoms of menstrual discomfort
- Seated forward bend-If have tight hamstrings, use a folded blanket or rolled up yoga mat under sits bones
- If you have a flat back, it targets stretching the hamstrings. If you round the back, it stretches more of the back. Try both to see what feels best that day
- Try feet flexed and pointed to see which feels best
Try to spend at least 3-5 minutes in each posture or at least 8-10 breathes to gain the maximum benefit. Yoga alone is not a cure-all for anxiety, but enjoying these movements are an important part of self-care and nurturing for your body and mind.
The last video was taken from Member’s Monthly Webinar. It was 1 of the 6 poses I demonstrated that can help lower anxiety.
Holiday promo code YOGAFORME2018 Expires 1/31/18
$19.97/mo for 3 months (Reg. $29.97/mo)
If you are ready to start your yoga practice and need the basic yoga products make sure to order them HERE. Make to use promo code SELFLOVE to get 30% off (min. Purchase of $20) through 1/31/18!
Try it out FREE for 14 days. It's on us.
$29.97/month after trial